23.10.06

ramming speed

919 229 BC

the quest for 65 million continues. nearly 1/65th of the way there!

today there is yet more problems. fortunently a lot more understandable, and less weird then big feet.

driving through the mountains leading up to a place called salmo i encountered a sign unlike any i'd seen before...

Seeing this first one "watch for mountain sheep" i was like OKAY! i like spotting animals!

Then right after it the watch sign there was another one. it looked like it wanted to be a beware of deer sign only the artist had taken some lisence with the picture...

so i was to be on the lookout for mountain sheep, and of course make sure i didn't run over a deer in the process...

for the first few kilometers (and 5 more blocks added to the BC total!) there wasn't anything. no mountain sheep, no deer. i was feeling kinda mislead...

then suddenly WHAM!!! something nailed the side of my car... nearly sending me off the road!

as i corrected my car i caught a glimpse of the impactor in my rearview...it was a ram.

before i had time to say "why'd a ram hit me?" WHAM!!! followed by another WHAM!!!

them stupid things were pouring down the mountain sides from all directions...

i hit the peddle to the metal... realizing that doing so with my bicycle didn't do anything, i instead applied more gas.

it wasn't enough. though the majority of the rams were missing me some were cleverly just running to the road ahead of me resulting in my catching up with them WHAM!!!

just outside of salmo i'd had enough. i pulled my car over. there standing right by the town's sign was a great grey ram... their champion!

well i won't bore you with the details of the ensuing battle of wills. needless to say due to my writing this i prevailed...

the other rams immediately backed away when i rode down the street on the back of their conqueored warrior.

don't try this at home kids. i can grow my teeth back. you can't. so drive safe...

as part of that definately read the road signs!

No comments: