22.2.07

sealing the deal

T Minus: 38 Days...

alright so people of the innerweb as i'm sure you now know, i'm facing the greatest crisis of my life... well okay post-tyrrell life... the point is that my plans in this new dinosaur-less land are in jeopardy...

to resolve this i'm going to have to be more dedicated and organized then ever before...

as i've now explored the rough area around dunedin (again when i have some time i'll share some of these findings, but in the meantime) i now need to get down to the business of

  • finding a home or place to stay
  • getting a job
  • convincing 3 people to give me autographs

this reminds me of my exploits in dinotown... only hopefully less booby traps here in new zealand... just like there i have a goal that needs a plan to be achieved...

so from here on in i'm going to keep track of my attempts like so:



Location: Pilot's Beach
Objective: Home
so after my exploits around town i realized perhaps the easiest place to start would be far away outside town, and work my way back in...

so out here at the ocean end of dunedin is the best starting point i figured... they call this area taiaroa head though i'm not seeing any skulls around... it's PRETTY far out of town. the drive was almost 45 min, and it's practically in the middle of no where.

so why did i choose to start out here?


the reason... it might be an easy fix to my home situation... because this whole area is a big nature preserve run by the department of conservation...

now i have to answer to the D.O.C. because i'm an endangered species in new zealand, but that comes with one good thing. they have to help me with my survival... so the nature preserve seemed like the perfect place to start!

the other great thing i can be picky about who comes to visit me while at home... only those with a permit can enter.


right away big bonus to picking this location. it has a beach! man i love the ocean!

though nothing is perfect (even free accommodation it would seem)... i wasn't too impressed with the D.O.C.'s management of the beach. it was covered in old dead logs and drift wood!


though suddenly to my surprise i was shocked to discover that the logs moved... they'd come to life!!!... or had they?

turns out their not logs, but a sea mammal called a sea lion... not my first pick of preserve-mate, but hey they are really cool... their kinda like some of the things i'd seen during my undercover work at the aquarium...

there were a lot of rocks lying around, and i figured it'd be fun to see if i'd moved into a fossil site as well as preserve.

to my shock the rocks here move too! of course it turned out to be a fur seal... quite the busy place to live its turning out... but hey the price is right!


even though their mammals i'm kinda digging my lion and seal preserve-mates... anything that can swim in the ocean is just neat, in my book anyway.

well this whole criteria thing is turning out to be easier then i thought...

i'll just have to report this into the department of immigration and the D.O.C. tomorrow, and on to the other two items on my list...

No comments: