3.3.07

reunion

T-Minus: 28 days...

Location: Salmond Hall

Objective: Home


alrighty things were looking good again people of the innerweb. after my getting lost in the woods of the botanic gardens i thought i'd lost the trail of the watery leith aqua duck... however thanks to the intervention of the helpful security staff i was back on the trail of the stream.

emerging from the garden though things were looking easy peasy... my destination lay only a single block ahead. directly across from the garden gates and everything. just to make sure i walked preciously along the leith which sunk a few metres below the sidewalk. i didn't take my eyes off it until i lost track of the leith due to a parking lot...

not just any parking lot mind you, but rather the lot of my destination...

oh RIGHT!!! i'm so sorry people of the webwide world! i totally forgot to tell you what my destination was or more importantly who i was looking for!

where is my brain the size of a peanut been lately?!?

well rather then spoil the surprise i'll just keep telling you the story...


my destination was salmond hall. a student residence. it was here that i hoped to find myself a permanent home in new zealand and thus meet the first of my criteria for the government!

all i had to do was find the one person i knew in new zealand... the university claimed this is where he lived... i had no choice but to believe the universities information. i figured why not isn't being smart and giving out information their job?

but even more critical then this question was the person i sought here?


boy was my luck holding out today! he sure was!

my legal guardian, craig, was indeed staying here... meaning i had a hope of staying with him...

now craig wasn't too surprised to see me... unlike the last time i showed up unannounced at someone from the tyrrell's doorstep... he predicted that i'd make my way to him sooner or later...

craig let me into his room... very nice i thought. be a perfect new haunt for my new life in NZ... but wasn't going to be as easy a solution at i thought.

you see craig was still very very annoyed with me over the supposed "incident" i'd caused when i "smuggled" myself over here in his bag... he got held up in costumes and the government had been giving him some trouble about going to skool here due to it... i guess... not that i know ANYTHING about how i got into his bag...

i told craig all about my situation...

now me and craig we go way back... he after all was the one who hatched and raised me... so i know him pretty good... i was a difficult hatchling to be sure, and i've made craig mad lots of times before... but this time i could tell he was REALLY mad with me... i thought for a second he'd turf me out for sure...

suddenly to my surprise he said he'd let me crash with him TILL my deadline. if i didn't find a different place at that point though craig said he'd let the government do what it wanted with me...

oh man people of the web wide world i'm feeling kinda bad. i think i might have actually caused craig some real grief... NOT that i had ANYTHING to do with my being in his bag... just craig was the one guy who usually looked out for me... and now even he is upset with me...

i'll make it up to him though! now that i at least have a roof over my head and a base of operations i'll be able to focus on getting my criteria done in no time! then i'll be able to work on making something of myself, and pay craig back for his troubles!

No comments: