23.3.07

saved by a lack of saving

T-Minus: 7 days!!!
Oh no!
Location: Salmond Hall
Objective: Home, Signature
.
okay things are getting really bad here people of the web wide world! one week till the government expects me to check in with the criteria... out of all the 3 things i need to have, i've got 1/3 of one done...
.
as if that wasn't enough of a crisis a new problem presented itself that may do me in for good...

so as you know i've been living with my legal guardian craig in his "flat" (not sure why kiwis call rooms and apartments flats, but they do...). we had a deal that i'd only be here till i had a place to move to. as i needed a home for the government anyway this was a very workable arrangement. or at least it seemed so...

that is till today.

now a some incredibly bad weather had set in on Dunedin, and trapped us in for the day. craig was working on some homework for his classes when i walked in...

suddenly he looks up at me and gets really grouchy "traumador what are you still doing here?"

"uh i just got back" i tell him. i was going to go to the museum, but the rain is just TOO much.

"no here. as in why are you still living here traumador?" he growled at me.

"you've got a week left, and as far as i can tell you haven't looked into a new place since you got kicked off pilot's beach!"

to be honest he was kinda right. i hadn't focused on the home search as much as i shoulda been...

still at the same time i HAD been trying.

i told him hopefully i'd have something soon.

craig just got really frustrated... kinda like the way dan used too. this was altogether too much like things in drumheller used to be...

fortunately or not fortunately (i'm not sure) craig stormed out of the room. now of course i did the most considerate and well thought out thing one could in this situation...

i jumped onto the empty puter! no wonder craig was so on edge. he was in the middle of a bunch of boring homework assignments... if i had to do all this i'd be grumpy too!

well i solved that problem right away by closing them all... come to think if it maybe i shoulda saved them...

i wasn't going to waste this opportunity! i needed to find a place to live ASAP. that way craig won't be mad at me anymore, and too boot i'd be closer to my criteria!

okay who ever came up with prices for homes sure isn't a very nice person!!!

for one they cost money in the first place! who knew! i always thought dan and craig asked me for rent money cause they were renting our furniture or something!

there was NO way i was going to be able to afford a place of my own in dunedin. at least without a job. which of course i also still hadn't managed to get...

geez people of the web wide world! after i made a pact with myself that i won't give up, and that i'd make something of my life the universe sure isn't making it easy...

i could tell i was going to get kicked out of new zealand for sure now!

i figured i should go make myself scarce for when craig got back. all i needed to make feel not better was him yelling at me some more...

as i headed down the hall i unexpectedly was greeted from one of the rooms... it was owain. the nice guy who taught me how to play table tennis. he couldn't help but notice i was feeling kinda sad. he asked me why.

so i told him all about my problems with the governments criteria, and how i was doomed to be deported...

he told me to cheer up. it wasn't all doom and gloom he said. i still had a week, and that was plenty of time for things to sort themselves out.

owain then said he could help me out right now... alright! i thought out loud. oops.

was he going to give me a job? oh no wait he was going to let me live with him!

owain said "why didn't you mention that you needed a signature when we played table tennis? i would have given you it then man."

he was just going to give me an autograph... oh man. i should have known this wasn't going to solve anything...

wait a second!

with this signature i was only going to need one more!!!

just like that, my day went from total failure to a slight victory!

i guess sometimes the universe gives us undersaurs a break every now and then after all...

owain was right. a week is plenty of time. i can do this people of the innerweb. i can meet the rest of my criteria by the end of the week! i must!!!

No comments: